How better to celebrate your first trip to THE Agile conference than by speaking? Fortunately, that’s what I was able to do. I paired up with a colleague from my first management role and we spoke about how Kanban helped us transform a struggling team into a team that other teams strived to be. The video has been released but must be viewed on the agile alliance website. Watch now or enjoy the slides below!
Jumping off the hamster wheel with Kanban
You’re running and running and running but the scenery never changes. You never actually get to your destination. So, you run faster and faster thinking that if you just try harder then you’ll get there. Do you feel like you’re living your life in a hamster wheel? You’re not alone. Many teams face conditions that keep them feeling exactly the same way.
This session walks through solutions to a variety of unfortunate problems teams commonly face, such as:
- unsustainable amounts of work, with pressure to start yet more work
- constant barrage of emergencies that push everything else to the side
- splitting peoples’ focus into percentages: 20% here, 40% there…
- a level of specialization across the team that creates a lot of wait time for requests
- inability to show others why you aren’t making progress on your deliverables
Come prepared to listen to experiences, interact with others and leave prepared to begin tackling these problems in your team, department or organization.
For information on future speaking opportunities, take a look at my speaking page.